My slide show

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Temple Square

What an incredible day. I had forgotten there was so much to do and see at Temple Square, and it was so much fun to show everything to our kids. This is a close-up of the spot on Temple Square where Mike said he loved me for the first time, and where he proposed to me. I had the idea after we came back to York of a picture with Mike on his knee holding my hand, and the 3 kids faded in the backround. They were probably watching the event from heaven, cheering Dad on! I had two spiritual experiences today that helped jump start my spiritual growth. The first was during a segment of video clips that talked about the family. The first scene was a couple with a week old baby girl (which I immedietely could relate to). The father asked, "What is the most important thing we can teach our daughter?" (I remember having a similar thought after having Hayden.) The mother responded, "that she is loved, that she is a daughter of Heavenly Father, and that families can be together forever." Then a quote appeared on the screen stating that parents have a sacred responsibility to raise their children in love and righteousness. That stood out to me like a flashing red light-I have a SACRED responsibility, a duty from God, a blessing from God to be a good mother to these kids. God has entrusted them to me. I need to be more patient. The other segments were tear-jerking too as they talked about fathers playing with the kids, love of grandma and grandpa, dealing with grandpa's death (which choked Mike up), and then missing both grandparents. The other spiritual experience was during the movie The Testaments. It brought the scriptures to life about the life and death of Christ and faith and the love Jesus has for us. I realized the importance of not just reading the scriptures, but becoming a part of them. At one point, I pictured Jesus looking at me and saying, "Angie, it's okay, I forgive you, go and sin no more." (When Christ visited the Nephites and looked at Jacob who had struggled with his testimony.) I also cried when Jesus healed the people, especially Jacob's father. The point when they showed the Crucifixion of Christ and the turmoil in the Americas was very traumatic. I held Hayden's leg through it because I wanted him to feel comforted. He didn't push it away until the storms were over and Jesus was resurrected. I also liked the part when Jesus sat with the children-it made me remember how I need to be like a little child. The rest of the day was filled with beauty, natural and artistic. I was much pleased. I tried to capture the beauty through the camera, but I don't think the pictures will describe those emotions.

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am so glad you guys had so much fun! We are also glad you are back :) Temple square is an amazing place and the temple is so majestic. I really miss Utah. My hair looked great there! (no humidity) I also love your new haircut. I was much happier when I went short!