My slide show

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Becoming a Pilates Instructor

I can't believe that I am teaching a Pilates class. I never imagined or pictured myself doing it, but I love it. My friend Jess started teaching Pilates about a year ago and convinced me to start going. I fell in love with it and have continued ever since. Now I am trying to recruit others to do it. It's so good for the body. I think it is essential for women to keep our bodies strong as we get older, and it's excellent cross-training for others like my husband that just like running. I am also taking other fun cardio and strength classes at the Y that Jess teaches and does a very good job. That's become part of our lives in the morning. The kids in the Child Watch are all friends and they love playing together. They also get exercise too. Fun for everyone! And now that I am an employee, my family gets their membership at a great price. I am also hoping to participate in some volunteer opportunities as well. I love the mission of the Y and the good that they do for the community. I'm even hoping in the distant future once I get my Masters in nutrition to continue working there in a different capacity. Who knows what the future holds!

No comments: