My slide show

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Half Marathon and Fun Run

Mike ran the Double Creek half marathon with some other friends last weekend and Hayden felt inspired to run the kids' 1-mile fun run. My Mike and Mike Ashton came in close to their PR time, just about a minute over, which was excellent considering the conditions they ran in. It was pouring down raining most of the time, thunder and lightning, strong winds, it was just BAD. Jess Ashton came in just after them, followed closely by Andy. He mentioned he had a rough day because he didn't eat breakfast. I don't know, I think when his wife is gone, he forgets to eat!
After the runners rested for a while, it was time to take Hayden out for his run. He was very excited and anxious. Luckily by then the rain had stopped. I ran it with him and helped keep him going. He did a great job and came in around 11:25. I am very proud of him, I never wanted to run a mile when I was his age!

No comments: