My slide show

Friday, March 28, 2008

Food storage

I've felt the urgency lately to work on our food storage and preparedness. Has anyone else felt that way? It's getting scary-all the things going up in price. I can't even order wheat through the Church website right now because they are backed up due to the wheat crisis. Even though we've never had that much extra money to work on food storage in the past, I still feel like we have "eaten, drunk, and been merry." What will happen tomorrow?

On a more cheerful, positive note, Serena is really expressive now. Yesterday Serena and I were sitting on the floor with Connor and something he did made her giggle! It was so cute. It was one of those moments you just want to bottle up and pull out when you're having a bad day or in twenty years when your kids are having real problems.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

I've been feeling the same way, too. I was just on the providentliving.org website and the quote about being able to survive the "storm" coming ahead keeps ringing in my brain.

Anonymous said...

Wow -that's so crazy that you posted this because I'm hearing this all around me! Things are tight now, but am wondering how to build our storage better. Have you been to the cannery? Maybe we should plan a trip and all go!