My slide show

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

My first day survival kit

My dear, sweet, thoughtful husband gave me a large bag that said "Day 1 Mommy survival kit" for my first day alone with all three kids. In it there was a bag or envelope for each hour of that day, starting at 8am with a piece of chocolate and a note that said, "Know that I'm thinking of you and the kids, not only every hour but every minute of the day." This was followed by cards of love and kindness, a pre-made lunch for the kids, Tylenol and water for mid-day, and children's medicine in case Connor didn't want to take a nap! (only a joke), and an afternoon treat of gelato and a magazine. At 4pm I was able to mark off that I survived the first day. Not only did I survive, but he made me smile all day long and made me look forward to each hour of the day. He made me realize how lucky I am- to be his wife, to be a mother and to be able to stay home with my kids, and to have two fun, cute, sweet boys and a beautiful baby girl.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Oh, Ang, that is so sweet! You have such a thoughtful husband! I'm glad you were able to survive that first day alone with three kids. :D