My slide show

Friday, January 11, 2008

My baby girl

I'm feeling sentimental today so on top of being able to express my emotions, I'm also feeling guilty for not recording them 24/7 these past two weeks. Although I haven't thought clearly much of that time due to lack of sleep. I really can't complain though. Except for two nights in a row earlier this week, she has been good at sleeping 2-4 hrs. at a time through the night. And although he doesn't have to, Mike has gotten up several times to rock with her so that I could get an extra hour. As the reality of having a girl sinks in a little further and I think about things that will happen in her future, I also love her while she is so tiny and kind of don't want her to grow up! At least not so fast. I love her tiny little clothes, her tiny fingers and toes that grip to anything, her little mouth that pouts when she is getting hungry, her funny faces when she is trying so hard to wake up, her beautiful dark blue eyes, even her cute little bum! In order to try and preserve these moments I video taped her a little this morning during diaper changing time.

2 comments:

christine said...

She is beautiful. Congratulations!

Jamie said...

She is so cute. It doesn't seem fair that newborn babies grow so fast, while pregnancy seems to last forever.
She definitely looks like a Brandt, though. You always have the cutest babies.