My slide show

Thursday, December 27, 2007

The baby has arrived...finally!

I guess it was meant to be-I gave birth to our little girl on Christmas day. She was the best Christmas present any of us has ever gotten. When I asked Hayden what his favorite present was, he says, "my sister." Her name is Serena Noelle Brandt, born at 6:40 pm. Christmas day. She was 8 lbs., 3.9 oz., 20 3/4 in. long. Both of us are healthy, so we came home from the hospital today. Although there was a knot in her cord. Dr. Mark said it was good she came when she did or there could have been problems.
Christmas morning we all woke up normally and went downstairs to see what Santa had brought. It was around 8:30 am. when we started opening up presents, and when my contractions started. They were getting to be 5 min. apart, and pretty intense, so I tried to hurry the boys along. We finished and my dad came over to take the boys so we could go into the hospital around 10:30. I was dialated to 5 cm. and a week overdue, so they decided to keep me (probably not to the excitment of my doctor, but they didn't induce before!). By 3pm. I needed an epidural and I was dialated to 7 cm.. Dr. Mark broke my water at 4pm., and by 6:30, he told me I could start pushing. After 3 or 4 pushes, she was out. Mike and my mom were in the room with me and we all screamed and cried when Dr. Mark announced it was a girl. I couldn't believe it.
The boys are in love with her (at least right now!). Hayden is of course a big help, and Connor comes over and pets her gently and makes cooing sounds a lot.
I will probably post another entry tomorrow with more pictures. Until then I am going to try and get a little sleep!

6 comments:

Bridgette said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Yeah! She is beautiful and such a great Christmas gift! You are going to love having a girl! I bet it was so amazing to hear, "It's a gir!" in the delivery room! Good job and way to hang in there!

Jamie said...

I'm so happy you were able to post pictures of her....she is so beautiful and sweet looking. ♥
Harrison had fun looking at the pictures of Hayden and Connor holding Serena. When I told him that she was born on Christmas Day, he said, "Just like Jesus!" lol

Jen said...

I am so happy for you! She is so beautiful! Congratulations! What a terrific gift. Christmas will never be the same in the Brandt family! :)

Mrs_Rogers said...

I knew it was a girl!! Congrats, the best Christmas present for sure. I can't wait to meet her!!

BeccaT said...

Oh, I have tears streaming down both cheeks! Words can't really touch the feeling, can they? How very very blessed!! I've been meaning to send my mom's scone recipe to you...alas it's gonna have to wait 'till after two weeks in the field. Till then...enjoy that brand-new, home-made, beautifully miraculous christmas gift!!!

J, E, M & I said...

What a gift! She is beautiful! Congrats to all of you.