My slide show

Saturday, February 27, 2010

House contracts

We signed papers to approve a contract on our house on Mon. Feb 15th for over the asking price! (so that we could pay closing costs.) It's kind of miraculous in this market, especially since our house is NOT perfect! The guy who is buying the house found our listing on For Sale By Owner.com. He did a walk through on Sat. Feb. 13th (after the blizzard) and signed the next day (Valentine's Day)! We accepted his contract and agreed to be out by March 31...deep breath. He actually works with my mom so she knows he is a nice guy and will take care of our home. I feel a little sad to leave all of our hard work and memories behind. So now that we sold our house, the hunt was on to find another house at a rapid pace. But life doesn't slow down when your looking at houses. We had to squeeze in viewings in between other activites. The next Wed. evening I was at church for Young Women's, when Mike called me and said there was a new listing that I had to look at. We set up a showing for Thurs. and fell in love with the house so we set up another showing for Fri. with my parents (my dad is good at handywork). Apparently others liked the house as well because there were 5 other showings set up for Fri/Sat. It is a well maintained, updated, move-in ready Cape Cod, so we decided to make an offer on Sat. After working out counteroffers and other details, we now have a contract with 840 Clearmount Rd. to move in on March 31. Which means-new school sitrict, new neighborhood, new church ward, new scout troop. I am excited, I just hope Hayden has a farely easy transition. I feel like we are taking a leap of faith making so many changes to our family after 7 years, but we feel it is the right decision. Hayden has been pretty cool about it, Connor says he doesn't want a new house, and Serena says "Meow" every time she sees pictures because there is a cat living there right now! Mike and I are already talking about how we want to decorate it and where furniture will go.

No comments: