My slide show

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall Festival and Halloween '08

This year, Hayden had planned months ago to be an alien and had this helmet already prepared. Connor said he wanted to be grapes which we loved because it was cheap, cute and original, just like him! Serena decided to be a mermaid because that was the costume that Mommy bought for her! I thought this is the only year she won't mind her legs being wrapped up.
Mike was in charge of an autopsy table for our church party. He did a great job and all the kids loved it.
Instead of bacteria ridden apple eating, we chose to eat doughnuts on a string-clever! And very difficult to not use your hands!
They also had a hoop game that was like skeeball-you try to throw the hoop around the furthest pumpkin to score the most points.
Then on Halloween night, the Coats family had us over for their annual party and trick-or-treating in their neighborhood. This is little Lily Perry, or should I say Tinker Bell! (She's a McGladrie)
This is always fun to try and get all the kids together and smile for a picture before they go get candy! I think Serena was crying because it was so hot with all those bodies! She was smiling once we went outside.
Grace was Belle and Will was Luke Skywalker.
I spy with my little eye, walking grapes.
I'm not into the scary, creepy part of Halloween, but even Hayden and I were amazed by all the displays this one house had put together. I couldn't get very good pictures of it because of the fog they were spraying. This is a picture of a dead pirate coming out of his coffin. They also had a big outhouse with a halogram of a ghost inside.
This is another guy, a mad scientist I guess.
After the kids get totally worn out by walking around the neighborhood, we stop by Gram and Pap's house for one last goody bag (my mom tries to keep it somewhat healthy). Halloween is always a little crazy with loud, screaming kids begging to eat more candy, but the kids love it and that's why I like it.

1 comment:

Jessa said...

Cute costumes, how fun!