My slide show

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

First Day of First Grade

I was anticipating being very emotional today, but I guess I was too busy to think about it. Mornings are always busy for me because I am not a morning person. So when we got to the bus we had time to take a quick picture, and he was on the bus. No time for tears. It felt a lot like putting on the bus for kindergarten. I missed him at lunch though.
Breakfast-
the most important meal of the day!
Connor looks lost without his older brother!
After school Hayden was all smiles. We met Daddy at the pool and he told all about his class. Some of the things he mentioned were: They have 2 recesses every day, he had gym yesterday, his teacher Ms. Hill read them a story, she gave him all the supplies that he needed for class, they will go on a field trip at the end of the year to Lake Tobias, and they get to hatch chicks in the spring.
We topped of the day with a little ice cream.
Yesterday Serena turned 8 months.

I was looking forward to having my afternoons free again, but so far that hasn't happened. Connor is not staying in his bed for a nap, and he goes into Serena's room and wakes her up too. He is also doing this to us at night and we are unable to do anything till about 10pm. As time keeps passing, I am getting more and more frustrated that I can't get caught up on others things, meanwhile, housework is building up as well. I keep thinking "This too shall pass." Just when stages get so frustrating you think you can't take another day, things suddenly get better.

I've been going to the gym regularly and thanks to Jess have found a new love in Pilates. I was never good at aerobics classes because I never took dance classes and am not very coordinated, but I can do pilates. And I love how it makes my body feel-it strengthens the core muscles and stretches lots of muscles in the body. I have noticed less back pain since I have started, and am more flexible.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Hooray for Hayden! I remember Zane going and waking up Ewan while Harrison was at school because he "needed someone to play with". Good luck! :D

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are enjoying Pilates. I love seeing you at the gym. I can't believe Serena is almost one! Crazy! This year flew by to me.