My slide show

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Great Friends

We have so many sweet and thoughtful friends, sometimes I wonder if I deserve them! Yesterday my Mike mentioned to Mike Ashton that our mower wasn't working and that our grass was getting taller than Connor. After work, Mike Ashton shows up on our doorstep and says, "Ashton Lawn Care at your service." He insisted on mowing our grass! Thanks Mike, we owe you a lot more than ice cream!
So last night I mentioned our mower problem to Josi. Tonight after I put the two younger kids to bed, they show up to see if they can fix it! Well, by the time he was done, Dave said, "You can buy a used one for about $35." I guess if Dave says that, it's not worth trying to fix!
Both of these families are threatening to move out of state on us, but we really don't want them to go. I'm not so good with change. My Mike and Mike Ashton have been running together since they moved here about 5 years ago. That's a tradition we just don't want to break!
At least I still have my Jamie! (and family!) I feel bad for Jamie because I know how much she would love to live near her family, but thinking only of myself, I'm glad she is here! She had me and the kids over this past weekend to stay over Fri. night and all day Sat. while our husbands were up in NY at a race. Not only was she a great hostess for us, but kept a smile on her face the whole time with little sleep and being 18 weeks pregnant!

3 comments:

NYBrandtReport said...

We still have Mom B's old mower in our shed, along with our own. I would love to have the space for other things. Its yours if you want it.

Jamie said...

That is so awesome!
(Thanks again for staying over last weekend. I was in much need of some girlfriend time.)

Anonymous said...

Ang - you guys are ALWAYS doing stuff for us (and others)! We love you! AND... we're not going anywhere. No threats of leaving right now. ;-)