My slide show

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Forever Dishes

Sometimes I feel like my life revolves around dishes...and kids of course! But tonight is the first night this week I can go to bed with a sense of accomplishment, simply because the dishes are done! And when I don't get them done, I have failed for the day! I've been frustrated about being behind in housework, but because the weather has been so nice this week, the kids andI have spent lots of time outside. So I have to keep reminding myself that it's okay, as long as I am spending quality time with my kids, it will all work out.

Last night was book club and we talked about a book that was a compilation of letters written by Marjorie Hinckley, wife of the prophet. The letters displayed her everyday life, which at times are the same things that I go through. The book made me realize that it's okay to record everyday life, because one day I will be looking back on these days and wondering where they went. And I will be grateful for the little details that I recorded. I can only hope that they will be interesting for my kids and grandkids as well.