My slide show

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hayden is off to school

I sent my baby off on the bus to kindergarten today. He was so excited which I was really glad about. It would have been so much harder for me if he was crying. I got a little choked up after he got on the bus and I walked away. It's a new phase of life-bus schedules, checking the backpack for papers and homework, PTO meetings, limited activities with girlfriends during the day, new friends for him to hang out with. I don't feel like the mom of a 6 yr. old. But he is definitely ready for this new stage. I'm glad we didn't send him last year, I can tell a big difference in him since last year. He has a lot more self confidence now and I think he is more excited to learn. I can't wait to pick him up from the bus stop at 3:45! It's nice that he has afternoon kindergarten. We can relax in the morning and the boys can play together, then after I drop Hayden off, Connor and I go for a walk, then he goes down for a nap and I have lots of Mommy time! (At least until Dec.)

3 comments:

Jamie said...

Hayden waving to you from the bus is just the cutest thing. I wonder if I will get a little choked up when I take Harrison to school on Thursday. Oh man! This really is opening up a new chapter of our lives! So many mixed emotions. . .

Mrs_Rogers said...

You are a stronger woman than I! I fully anticipate being a puddle on the bround after I put Georgia on the bus for the first time. I can't believe how fast they grow.

Jen said...

I'm glad Hayden is enjoying school so much and that you are finding plenty of mommy time before the baby gets here. That's wonderful!