My slide show

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Vision becomes reality

I have been scrapbooking for seven years now, and ever since I started I wanted a place to call my own. I've made several attempts to have an organized scrapbook space, beginning with our newlywed apartment in Utah. (It was just a desk that sat in the living room and was always messy.) Now I have a house where everything has it's own place (except toys everywhere!), including my very own scrapbook space! For anyone who is an avid scrapbooker, this is a dream come true. For years I looked in scrapbook magazines and envied the women who showed off their beautiful rooms so well organized. Now my vision has become a reality.
The vinyl lettering on the wall says "We do not remember days, we remember moments." There are still some things that need to be finished, but almost everything has a place and I can find it quickly. This room has become Mike's and my refuge at night when the kids are in bed. Mike will sit at the computer and work on college stuff (the black chair to the right), while I'm at my desk.
I was going to put up the chair rail by myself, but that was a job too big to tackle on my own, so Mike ended up doing most of it. But I did get to use the saw-it's so fun!
There is one corner in the room that has weird angles, and it took Mike a while to figure it out, but he got the perfect cut. I'm so proud of him!! This is the corner.
Another project completed this week was getting me a new kitchen faucet. When we first moved here that was something I wanted to replace. It only took 4 1/2 yrs.! When we redo the whole kitchen I'm scared to know how long that will take!!!! Jamie just spent about a month in chaos while they redid theirs, but now they can enjoy the fruits of their labors.

No more drip!

3 comments:

Jamie said...

It looks so beautiful! I bet you guys love to sit in your new room.
I also really like the faucet that you picked out. No more drip! Gotta love that!

Bridgette said...

I am jealous! My scrapbook space is just a table in the basement! Your's looks awesome!

We Three Queens said...

Ok, you're officially not my friend anymore! Your room is exactly what I'd like to have. I know I have plenty of room in my house, I just haven't thought to organize a room like you have. If you want to be my friend again, come help me make a room like yours. Deal? Let me know. :)) :))