My slide show

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Is this the same week?

This was on Wed. when the temperature was up in the 70's.
(Connor is sitting with Gannon, the boy I babysit. Which one is older? Gannon is actually a few pounds heavier than Connor, yet he is 9 months younger!)
The crocuses are up-spring is here!
But wait, mother nature had a cruel joke to play on us. This weekend was our third and final attempt to travel to NY to visit Mike's mom before she travels to California for a few months. This was the weather on Friday.
I'm not sure what the final tally was - maybe about 7 or 8 inches. I guess it snowed heavily one more time so that Hayden could build a snow castle with Daddy.
Saturday was, as you know, St. Patrick's Day. Well, the leprechauns came and trashed our house! But at least they left gold chocolates. That happened to Hayden at preschool on Thurs. and he couldn't stop talking about it. So we decided to have the leprecauns visit here too. He was so excited. Then Mommy made special pancakes for breakfast.
Connor thought it looked better in his hair than in his mouth.
Today we went to my parents house for dinner and Hayden and Pap played outside for a while.
They built a leprecaun in the snow and Hayden put a pot of gold beside him.
Pap built an igloo for Hayden. It was actually warm inside! (Although Hayden just said he couldn't here the wind anymore!)

Homemade apple pie anyone?! I'm really on a big cooking kick lately. I am addicted to Food network. My DVR is full of episodes to watch. I've also gotten very interested in nutrition the past year or so. I think I would like to do my graduate work in that field and hopefully work with children. But if I only go to school to learn for the benefit of my own family and friends, it will be worth it.

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I love the Shamrock pancakes and the idea for St. Patrick's Day. We'll have to use that one next year!

Bridgette said...

What a good idea for St Pat's day? I don't have your e-mail, so.....can you please tell me where Hayden goes to preschool and how you like it? My e-mail is bs74@teacher.com. Thanks.

We Three Queens said...

I just have one question. Where's the beer? Kudos on the rest.