My slide show

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Celebrating our 9th Anniversary

Our actual anniversary date is June 10th, but we decided to make a day of it on Sat. All 3 kids slept at my parents house Fri. night so we could leave early to drive down to the Temple Sat morning. It's been a while, so it was nice to start the day off right-where we started 9 years ago. After that we strolled around and had a picnic lunch. Thank goodness it wasn't raining...again! It's been raining almost every day the past two weeks, maybe longer, I can't remember. We drove back up to York to have dinner at Sam and Tony's in town, then I surprised Mike (or at least I thought I did!) with tickets to the Diana Krall concert at the Strand. She is his favorite jazz singer and pianist, and I really like her too. It was a wonderful evening, the concert was fabulous, we just wished she would have played longer. She was really funny, down to earth, talked about her kids and singing "Wheels on the Bus" all day long, and is a real family person. I wished we could have met her. She isn't in this neck of the woods very often. She had just gotten back from England and Spain, then to York, PA! Shouldn't that be the other way around!
I am very lucky to have such a wonderful husband, I count my blessings every day. Thank you Mike for another great year full of happy memories.

3 comments:

We Three Queens said...

You guys are so sweet together. I commented to the girls how much I enjoyed Mike's testimony yesterday when we were driving home from church. I also told them that I hope they find a man much like Mike to marry. You are a wonderful example to me and my daughters. Thank You. Have a wonderful year together. We're blessed to know you and wish you all the happiness you deserve!

Heather said...

We really like diana krawl too :) Can you believe its been nearly a decade?

Cheri said...

You two look happy! Congrats on your anniversary! What a nice day together.. and Diana Krall.. that had to be a GREAT concert.