My slide show

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Catching up and Mike's birthday

I recognize that I haven't posted in a while. Last Friday Connor and I woke up with nasty colds in our throats that were sore and made it hard to breath, along with all the acheness. Friday night and Saturday night were both sleepless on account of Connor having croup, finally on Monday we started to feel better but then he and I had a restless night again on Monday night. I think we are finally over it, hopefully noone else will get it. It's aweful.
Today was Mike's birthday but he kind of had mini celebrations for the past week. His big birthday gift he got last week in preparation for the Baltimore Marathon-a running watch.

Then on Sunday my parents brought a yummy dinner over to our house since Connor and I were sick, along with a delicious peanut butter ice cream cake for Mike. He shared it with us!

This morning we had a family breakfast before Mike's long and busy day at school. I made an egg casserole, cinnamon rolls, and...

baked pears with rasberries on top. They were delicious! Mom Brandt called them "regal." I got the idea way back from our honeymoon when we stayed at Cape May. They served these pears for breakfast one morning. You should try them! All you do is cut, peel, and half the pears, then put a little butter in the hole, sprinkle with lemon juice, sugar and cinnamon, and then put frozen rasberries on top.. Bake at 350 for about 15 min. Enjoy!

While Mike was slaving away at work today(on his birthday), and Nanny watched the boys, my mom and I went out shopping. We went looking for a "coming home from the hospital" outfit for a boy and a girl. We had so much fun looking! I actually had an easier time picking out the boy outfit. I guess that's just what I'm used to. But I did finally pick a very cute girly outfit. I'm really starting to get excited! I just wish our house was ready. We still haven't finished the boy's new room on the third floor to make way for the nursery.

4 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy Birthday Mike!
Your breakfast sounds heavenly...my mouth is watering. Do you do take out? ha ha.

Bridgette said...

Everything sounds very fun.. and the desert..I'm going to have to try it! Looks very yummy!

Jen said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen said...

Sounds like a pretty fun birthday... celebrating for a week or so. That's they way it should be! Those pears look scrumptous! I will definitely be trying those sometime. Yum!! :P